Pages

Tuesday 24 March 2009

One for you and...

As a mother its quite funny the things you find yourself trying to be unselfish about, for you know if you fail you'll feel guilty instead.

For example, in the winter I felt terrible if I had my gloves on and Isobel was refusing to wear hers; if she had cold hands then obviously I should too - as if that made anyone feel better!

This morning it was eggs. I desperately (!) wanted smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast, and I knew Isobel would love some scramble too, but we only had one egg.

I um-ed and ah-ed, I knew Isobel would be happy with rice crispies but could I still enjoy my egg? I thought maybe we'll buy more eggs and have it for tea, but then if I'm going to yoga I won't have tea....
.
In the end, I scrambled the one egg and we shared it, it was a large egg.

No comments: