Pages

Tuesday 13 January 2009

Coffee cup seaside

As you have no doubt noticed, Isobel and I spend ALOT of time in cafes.

(It's been bloomin cold of late so what else can we do - don't answer that, I know there is lots to do.)

To help keep little girl amused I nearly always ask for two empty paper cups. Isobel bangs them together, puts them inside each other, throws them on the floor (whoever decided that was a development stage must have been trying to justify the hours spent picking things up, actually it's seconds before I stop, but hey I'm obviously not that tolerant a mummy),wears them on her head, toot-toots into them, basically is generally amused by them.

But, by far and away, her favourite thing is if you put them over her ears so she can hear the sea; this activity is accompanied by a huge smile and a very rare moment of stillness. And yes it looks quite cute too.

Why am I telling you this? Well, today we bequeathed our cups to the little boy on the table next door and he was so enraptured by it I thought you might like to try it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

picture of ear wearing/listening to the sea please !!

Unknown said...

Will try but is hard to hold coffee cups on ears and take photo!!