Pages

Wednesday 29 April 2009

Who can I pass this onto...

Ok, so I've been tagged by the lovely Mamma Po on the glorious Isle of Wight, and although I seem to be wracking my brains to tag someone who hasn't been so already, I will try and answer the questions (somewhat hastily as I am at work):


What are your current obsessions?


(In no particular order) Yoga, learning to ride a bike, teaching little girl to talk, regaining perspective.


Favourite food?


Cauliflower cheese and oven chips

Fish, chips and champagne

Steak Tartare

Cheese

Beetroot


What’s for dinner tonight?

If I go to yoga - nothing

If I don't go to yoga I now have a hankering for steak, salad and sweet potato wedges


Hangover cure?

Berrocca


Moaning a lot, doesn't work but seems to happen anyway.


What’s the last thing you bought?

Egg and tomato breakfast baguette from Pret


What are you currently listening to?

Keyboards tapping, St Pauls chiming and on my iPhone are Fleet Foxes, Ben Iver and The Chemical Brothers.


What are your favourite holiday spots?

Well, the Isle of Wight is where I run to most - my mummy lives there


other than that I can't think about holidays until I can afford one!


What are you reading now?
The Enchantress of Florence - Salman Rushdie

Itsy Bitsy Yoga - Helen Garabidien
Mind Gym: Relationships - Mind Gym


Use 4 words to describe yourself.

Generally: Happy, loving, optimistic and occasionally naughty

Right now I tend to be: Blue, dull, moany and self-absorbed


What is your guilty pleasure?

Fridays: Going to yoga while my baby is at nursery, and spending the afternoon drinking champagne with Erica.


Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak?

My neighbours and my family


First Spring thing

Retrieving flip-flops from under the sofa - told you I am an optimist


Where are you planning on travelling to next?

I'm running away to the Island on Friday.

Otherwise, I guess the next big trip is to SA to visit PD's family.


What was the best thing you ate or drank recently?

Several bottles of 'Don David' shared with friends on Sunday


When did you last get tipsy?

Sunday - the Don David did it. Or this evening if you read this on Thursday (nothing like forward planning)


What is your favourite film?

Life is Beautiful or It's a Wonderful Life


What’s your favourite song?

Right now it's Prettiest Star by David Bowie, I dedicate it to my little girl.

(Isobel's is Nellie the Elephant by the Toy Dolls)


Share a piece of wisdom.

'This too shall pass'


If you could change anything in your life so far, what would it be?

I would have let PD go before Isobel was born and dealt with it with greater grace. I treasure every second we spend together as a family and love sharing her sprecial moments with him; I will always wish things were different but they aren't and I can't change that.



So ladies, the game is, you answer the questions, changing one question for your own, then forward to ? others - who is left!.


Cool Bananas

Tawny

New Mummy



1 comment:

Mamma Po said...

I didn't realise you were an Island girl! It does seem to be the way though that anyone born here wants to run a mile (usually as soon as they disembark from the Redjet in Southampton) and those of us who were born in the Smoke find it just charming and delightful (that's me).

Anyway, thanks for not minding about being tagged. I loved your answers - it's great to find out more about one's fellow Mummy bloggers. Particularly liked your wise words, "All things shall pass". Such a useful - and optimistic - thought when thing seem especially rough.

Have a great weekend on the Isle. The sun is shining and the sky if cloudless - as ever...