Pages

Sunday 26 April 2009

Night cap

Yesterday at our brunch with the two Es we were discussing many things. Brunch with two one year olds is a bit like speed dating; you can have many conversations as long as they only last a couple of minutes. In this way we covered MANY topics.

Little E, it has to be said, is not the best sleeper, and grown up E is now trying many tricks to improve this situation.

As Isobel has a tendency to wake up very early - anywhere between 5:30 and 6:30 am - (although she does go back to sleep with a bottle and no bother) I thought I would employ one of these tricks.

Excitedly I skipped off to Waitrose and bought some Hipp Organic Good Night Milk, it's one of those thick milks with cereal in to help babies not be hungry in the night - no they don't do a Crunchy Nut Cornflake one.

As I mixed the bottle I was already thanking this miracle elixir, kicking myself for not having tried it sooner and imagining residing in a delicious slumber in dreamland until the godly hour of seven o'clock.

At 2 am I was awoken by a screaming child, who worked herself into such a tis I expected the neighbours to knock down the door to rescue us from a marauding intruder. Normally a quick cuddle and she's back to sleep - nope it took an hour, and three screaming fits before she fell asleep.

Then she had the audacity to still wake up at 6 o'clock and not go back to sleep.

Overall, I wouldn't say it was a success.

(And I'd meditated so was actually having lovely lucid dream filled sleep at the time, but no I don't know the lottery numbers or what I should do next)

No comments: