Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2009

Obviously a me day

I've just walked along a sunny South Bank to Waterloo (funnily enough
the buses around The City are a little disrupted), it was a
bittersweet walk really.

Sweet because it is one of my places, one of the places I feel at
peace with me and my place in the world. I just don't have so much
time to amble these days.

Sweet because of the sights and sounds of London on a sunny day -
buskers, performers, gigglers and shouters.

Sweet because of the book stalls, the cafes, the bars and the general
al fresco.

But towards the end I found myself getting bitter, in fact as I sit
on the train typing this I could almost cry.

Suddenly I feel the loss of my freedom.

I had a fleeting thought of stopping for a chilled spritzer.

I shook it off, I'm on way to collect little girl.

But the thought didn't go, I just kept thinking 'why shouldn't I', 'it
wouldn't take long', 'I could couldn't I'?

But I couldn't; if was a daddy I probably would have, but I'm a mummy
and therefore I'm hurrying home.

And now I mourn the loss of all the sunny afterwork drinks.


Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Coding Mamma (Tasha) said...

You'll get the back again. Really. Might be a year or so, but it will be back.

Maternal Tales said...

I'm with you. I love them, but I'm with you. I want to be spontaneous again. I want to stay up late and not worry about waking up early in the morning. I'm hoping it will happen again...