Pages

Friday 27 February 2009

Mutton Stew anyone?

I think I'm having an identity crisis.

You see I still think of myself as one of the younger people at work; you know, not grown up yet.

But then I look in the mirror and I see a mother, a MOTHER!, who is in her shhhh thirties, with lines around her eyes and a Judy Finigan jaw line and I realise I am actually, probably (leaves soem very hopeful room for doubt), seen by all the young french interns etc, as actually of very old stock.

OMG, how did this happen?

2 comments:

The Superfluous Blogger said...

i dont get the mutton reference. is that your favorite dish? do you want someone to make it for you? i'm a really crappy cook, but i can see what i can do.

i bet i'm older than you. it's about *thinking* you're young. so in that way, i *may* be younger than you (i don't mean that disrespectfully - it has taken me 38 years to learn that i am actually 25.)

it's all in your head.

french interns, eh? any of them men? wanting to be an american's bit-on-the-side? no? dang.

Unknown said...

As in ' mutton dressed as lamb' .