Pages

Monday 25 August 2008

It's all a bit surreal

I realise I haven't been out much since Isobel was born, well not just me doing the things I used to do before I was pregnant, namely, going to the pub.

On Saturday I did just that, I even took the train further into town. This is nothing really out of the ordinary, or at least it wouldn't have been six months ago. But now, it was the first time I've taken a train without Isobel (I think we've only caught the train twice) and one of a few times I'd actually been out drinking.

Sitting in the pub, bitching people watching it seemed really odd to think I had a five month old baby waiting at home for me.

I suppose this is how it must be all the time for PD: he comes and bes a Dad for a while and then goes on with his life as before, it must all be a little surreal.

No comments: