Pages

Sunday 10 August 2008

I suppose being a part-time family has some benefits

As we are no longer together all the time, we seem to be putting a lot of effort in to the time that we are. Oh, I don't mean that it's hard work, far from it, we are just making the most of it.

Take yesterday for example, it was a miserable Saturday afternoon; we could have so easily spent the afternoon indoors with the Olympics as background. But, we didn't.

Nope, we went to Petersham Nurseries. It was raining so this was not an obvious choice but if the sun had been shining it would have been too busy, and Isobel loves trees, so indoors trees seemed to be a pretty good option. Not to mention that PD and I could have a good poke about at the far-too-expensive-just-because-they-know-where-to-find-them antiques.

Basically, it's ramshackle, well seemingly ramshackle but you know they aren't, greenhouses draped with magic carpets and Moroccan gates, with shabby chic (I hate that term) dressers etc. It really is a cool, if somewhat expensive (£6 for soup and bread) spot for afternoon tea. Just don't even think about buying furniture there.

Anyway, I thought PD's camera would enjoy the angles and colours, not that he bought it with him, but hey, he appreciated the aesthetic; me, I loved the coffee and cake and the lovely surroundings (and company, I suppose); Isobel just loved having both her parents doting on her and showing her flowers.





I doubt Isobel rememebers how much time she spent there as a bump: it was our favourite NCT pre-baby lunch meeting spot.







Pictures courtesy of our Leela and included because I can't believe how HUGE my tummy was, yet I also can't believe my little girl ever fitted in there. I think we were all about 36 weeks here, definately a good excuse for cake!

No comments: