Pages

Tuesday 5 August 2008

Ballast

I love carrying Isobel around in her baby sling, it's a lot like being pregnant again, even down to the way I can rub my 'bump'.

Not to mention that I can use her as weight resistance to increase my walking effort!

I'm not very good at economising, in fact there is no 'very' about it, I am rubbish. The one thing we did decide to economise on was our sling. I looked around (on the net, not always the best way of 'looking around') and thought the Mamas and Papas one looked fine, it even had a hood, and it was twenty quid cheaper than the Baby Bjorn.

BIG mistake, we hardly used it because it was sooo complicated - it certainly couldn't be managed by one person alone. So, a few weeks ago I went out and spent seventy-five pounds on a Baby Bjorn Active. Yes, there are cheaper ones, but, as we are coming to the Baby Bjorn party a little late it seemed wise to buy the one that lasts the longest.

Now with this simple sling, Isobel and I can be seen wandering around town under a parasol in the sun, or a good old brollie in the rain. I LOVE it.

No comments: