Pages

Monday 18 August 2008

Isle of Wight Souvenirs

Last time I stayed on the Island for more than a week I took home a very special souvenir, my Isobel.

This time in true family tradition Isobel is taking home a special souvenir of her own: her very first tooth.

We have had only a minimal amount of grumpiness, not even on the same scale as her father's when the rugby doesn't go his way. I've administered no magic pink Calpol, but we have used two sachets of Teetha. No sleepless nights but, hey presto it's here. Maybe the Tlismi Moti works, I'm certainly not taking it off yet.

Grandma has done the spoon test: tap it with a teaspoon to see if it sings - it does.

Her second tooth is close behind and may even be through before we go home, I only hope it is as kind.

So now are off to buy Isobel her very first toothbrush.

(I will take a picture, but unfortunately that is another thing it seems difficult to do on my own!)

No comments: