Pages

Friday 8 August 2008

It has to be said, it's not been a great week

Last week I was fine, really truly fine. I could see the light at the end of the tunnel and the brave new world actually looked quite shiny. Mind you everything shines in the sunshine.

This week, well I told you about Monday, and things have kind of drifted from there. I'm not saying it's all been doom and gloom, not at all, but certainly has all felt some what tarnished.

I guess it was inevitable that there would be some fall out, but actually I preferred it when I felt fine, when the world was a sigh not a grin and bear it through very tightly gritted teeth.

Take yesterday, it started with me trying to hack my baby's thumb off.

Then we had a 'settling-in' visit to nursery, a half an hour stay for Isobel from which I had to flee before my sobs disturbed the other children. She was fine (there's that word again), apparently she cried a little - am I allowed to be a little pleased she missed me?- but was okay when I got back.

Now, if I was going for the mother of the year award and hadn't scotched it by snipping my baby, I would have lost it with what happened next. I'd taken Isobel to nursery in the sling and just as we were returning home, the heavens opened! No, I didn't have an umbrella. There we were me in an impractically long skirt and flip-flops and Isobel in a sling and sunhat.

So, we got wet, very wet. Isobel's first shower, she didn't seem too disturbed, just a little confused.

Then while making Rocky-road for the girls, I smashed a Pyrex bowl and got glass in my feet.

That really did it.

Not a good day at all, I was so looking forward to it being over I went to bed early.

No comments: