Pages

Wednesday 10 September 2008

Todays prize for the most neurotic mother goes to...

I know the suspense is killing you...

can't get the damn envelope open...

Oh yes, *drum roll*

...it's ME!

(Forgive the drama, I should be out in a new fancy-schmancy wine bar so, I have to have live a little somehow.)

Isobel has been to the doctors twice today. Yes, you heard me, not once but twice.

The poor little lamb is poorly sick; her cold just hasn't gone away. It's okay, I'm not THAT neurotic, I didn't take because of a cold. I took her because in the last 10 days she has been sick 6 times.

Last night she was sick after I put her to bed. She was taking a long time to settle so I went up to check on her and the poor little thing had been so ill she was practically paddling in it. (It's not easy to change the bed, wash the baby and make a new bottle single handedly - yes , I'd like an award for that too, please.)

Anyway, it was, as I'd guessed, the nastiness from her cold was going down her throat and making her gag and then, well you get the picture.

She had a slight rash on her back at this visit, put down as a bit of heat rash, nothing to worry about - genuinely I wasn't worried.

But, then after her lunchtime nap she woke up very unhappy and the rash had spread EVERYWHERE. I didn't think it was meningitis or anything, I know the signs for that rash, but she was hot and very unhappy.

It was a viral rash - yes a heat rash bought on by the temperature Isobel now has. All positive signs her body is doing what it needs to.

But my wriggly worm hasn't been very wriggly, in fact she has spent the afternoon just hanging out on her mother.

So, I guess that makes me, nearly, neurotic.

Okay, okay I hold my hands up: two doctors trips in one day makes me very neurotic.

Is tiredness a defence?

2 comments:

Erica-May said...

Oh my god that sounds so scary! Well done you for coping!!

Unknown said...

Thank you.

I wouldn't have gone back to the doctors but I rang to speak my doctor, who we had seen in the morning, but he was out and at the mention of a baby and a rash everyone went into panic mode!