Pages

Sunday 7 September 2008

Holding Pattern, good luck Quenets

The stork is back in town, well he's in his holding pattern, deciding when the best time to deliver little Baby May Quenet to Erica-May and JP. It is indeed very exciting.

Today was their baby shower, a lovely event full of babes and toddlers of every age from 4 weeks to toddlerdom, quite appropriate really.

My advice to the parents to be? Take all advice (yes, even this I suppose) with a pinch of salt. Remember all parents are individuals, as are their babes, so trust that you, as the perfect parents for your perfect baby, will be the ones who know best. I'm not saying don't listen; do listen, just take away what sounds right to you and perhaps file the rest away under the banner of 'hmm that's interesting', best develop a facial expression that says that to the profferer so they don't feel put out.

Are you armed with that expression - good I feel better now.

Remember that 'This too shall pass'. Make sure you treasure those (many) marvelous magical moments and look forward when it's all a little tricky.

Grab hold of each others hands, grip them tightly and get ready for the ride of your life. x

3 comments:

The Jackson Files said...

My advice is: never be without wet wipes.

Erica-May said...

you are doing a super job!! Very keen for mr Stork to stay away until I am rid of this hideous cold. I am a picture of misery. Thank you again for thoughtful and beautiful gifts!

Erica-May said...

And I love the pic!!!