Pages

Monday 1 September 2008

Half a pint, half a year

My little girl, Daddy's little half-pint, you are six months old today; a whole half a year.

And I cannot begin to describe how wonderful you are. At this point in time I cannot imagine enjoying you more: you play, you play with me, you learn, and, with each day that goes by, you are developing more and more into a little person, your own little person.

As much as I'd love to keep you just as you are today, I know I can't so I find myself looking forward to the things we will soon be able to do together, things like splashing in puddles in our wellies. (Yes, it's been raining again.)

You can sit up on your own (with me as a backstop for when you get over excited, which is often), but before you sit anywhere you have to stand: you stand in the pushchair, the iChair and, especially, you stand in the bath, just because you can.

As a family we are having a tough month, many tears have been shed and we are continuing to find our feet before we can sit down and relax as a proper family, but right now, right at this very point in time, my tears are simply the love I have for you spilling out.

So, happy six month birthday. Here's to a million more half years yet to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 6 months little God-daughter. Big kisses from me, Thomas & Annabel xxx