Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2008

Three Little (soggy) Birds

Every morning, having made a cup of tea and a bottle of milk, I pick a somewhat excited Isobel up out of her cot. She always wakes up playing and, if the excitement on her face when I go in is anything to go by, she seems to miss me when she sleeps; I guess I'd smile too if all had to worry about for the day is playing!

Then, we go into my room and open the blind. The excitement of this (she doesn't get out much) causes much leg kicking and squealing.

Once the blind is open Isobel wraps her self in the flimsy curtain and says hello to the world and we look down to the doorstep to see if we can see three little birds.

This morning there was no 'risin sun', and there weren't even three rain sodden birds.

So, we passed the mirror to say good morning Isobel, went back to bed to cuddle and play and drank our milk and our tea.

It's okay we know 'every little thing gonna be alright'.

2 comments:

The Jackson Files said...

That's totally crazy, Three Little Birds is only Jackson's most favourite song of all time.

It even got a mention on my blog in his final midwife stats on 30 May.

So they'll have loads to talk about when they finally meet!

Unknown said...

I challenge anyone not to like it atleast a little bit.

It was one of my first CDs; it's on my Isobel playlist; and we sing it A LOT at the moment.