Pages

Friday 26 September 2008

Do you want to know a secret?

I'm kind of enjoying Isobel being at nursery.

She is booked in four full days a week, so far we have only managed
one of those. But I have dropped her off for a few hours as each day
so we both get to play.

I don't need her to go to school so I can go to cafes - she is more
than happy to come with, charm the owner and get me free biscuits, I
sound like a pimp- but I do need her to go to school so I can go to
pilates and get my legs lasered.

Yesterday I dropped Isobel off wearing my pilates kit and was so
obviously judged by the other mums as one of those who hands over her
child simply for her own conveinience.

I guess at the moment I am, but I am also making sure my little girl
will be happy there when I'm not just around the corner.

Which brings me to my other secret: I'm now looking forward to going
back to work, I'm ready, bring it on.

Oh my cheeks are hurting again, I'm smiling, it must be time to pick
up my baby girl.

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I don't want this to sound like I'm judging you, but I do think it is sad when babies so little get sent to nursery. There is so much time when they are at school it just seems a shame to not let them have time with Mum when they are little, unless of course Mum has to work.

Unknown said...

I don't think you are judging me, you see I do have to work I just haven't found a job yet. So it's far better that Isobel goes for a few hours here and there to get to know the staff than is plunged in 4 days a week.

But if I didn't have to work I'd probably pop her into nursery or crèche a few hours a week anyway so she could learn to play with other babies.

Rachel said...

I think being a mother is far harder than it sounds. Who knows what the answers are, as long as each parent does their best for their family. Good luck with the job hunt.