Pages

Monday 22 September 2008

The real thing part 2

I'm not sure if I'm proud of myself for being brave or guilty for being mean. Either way I managed to wait until 4:45 before going to pick up little girl.

I had a really unproductive day, I lazed in a way I haven't done for ages - after I dropped her off I went back to bed. My god it felt decadent. The day was odd, but not as bad as I thought it would be - does that make me a terrible mother?

That said, I did have to sit on my hands until I thought I would pop. I had such a big smile on my face at the thought of going to get her, my cheeks hurt. I shut the front door behind me and literally ran to nursery - yes I was a sight to behold - I just couldn't help it.

There she was happily eating her dinner; between the spoons of cheesy veg I got big smiles and she kept touching my hand.

It was nearly worth her going to nursery so I could miss her, well maybe not nearly, but the joy I felt seeing her again did help.

Oh, she had a great time: 3 naps and although the middle one wasn't as long as it should have been she didn't seem too grumpy. But, she did go to bed 15 minutes early which doesn't bode well for when I pick her up at 6pm.

No comments: