Pages

Friday 4 January 2008

Loving the Bump

I promise I wasn’t bemoaning my bump the other day, because I really do love it. I could sit and quite smugly stroke it all day. And now I have the added fascination of not only being able to feel Bobette (Garylina) move, but I can see her too. The wild and somewhat freaky undulations of my tummy have distracted me from many a chore. (Right now she is mostly curled to the left, leaving my bump a little lopsided.)

As she always has her head firmly down in all the pictures and for all the examinations (like a good girl) I’m assuming she is like one of those break-dancers who spins on their heads flailing their arms and legs about; I don’t think she has all that much room anymore for full on Irene Cara fame jumps.

All this bump love doesn’t mean it is my most comfortable ever accessory; I now sleep with a pillow under my top leg to give her room to manoeuvre while I (try) to slumber in my usual recovery position and the other evening my bump became so uncomfortably painful and tight I didn’t know what to do with myself (a bath and bed seemed to do the trick).

I think the news of the bump tightening has her Grandma a little worried that she may be planning an early escape, but I am sure she will stay put for the next 5 and a bit weeks that take her to full-term and the following 3 weeks to her due date. In fact I think we will all be waiting for her!

(I am very excited now and, I think, so is RD; it all seems so imminent)

No comments: