Pages

Tuesday 22 January 2008

Domestic Crisis

I do like a good paddle; you know a stroll along the sand with the waves gently lapping at your toes. I’m not so keen on paddling in my own kitchen when the waves have been created by a malfunctioning washing machine.

Yep, RD and I spent Sunday evening with our jeans rolled up, mopping up the kitchen floor.

I then spent Monday evening arguing with Sainsburys about their supposed 4 day delivery which actually means I get a new machine a week on Friday.

This evening I thought I’d just try the machine again to save us a trip to the launderette; I was poised to quickly set it to spin as I watched the machine fill up and start to motor, all looked good so I went upstairs. I came down to a flooded kitchen and RD came home to lots of wet towels on the floor.

So, another expense to add to RDs budget spreadsheet…

No comments: