Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2008

8 Weeks To Go; Are We Fundamentally Ready?

I can't believe that it is only 8 weeks until this little one is due to join us in the big, wide, wonderful world. The thought that very soon I will hold my little girl for the first time fills me with tremendous joy, a little anxiety and quite a few tears.

In so many ways I just can't wait, in so many other ways there are things I would like to have done before she arrives. Not so much practicalities - we have most of those under control, I think - it's more fundamental than that. I want to ensure that my little girl is surrounded by nothing but love and cuddles, that she can be secure in who she is and where she is from. For that I want her to be born into a loving family, a family where whatever you do and whoever you are is just the perfect thing to be and do.

This is no mean feat: RD and I need to be secure in who we are and where we are to have any hope of being able to pass on the confidence and self-assurance we want our daughter to have. I know we will both love her with all our hearts, but we also have to love ourselves and each other to pull together as a family, a happy family.

1 comment:

Cumulus said...

No one ever is, ready that is!