Pages

Sunday 20 January 2008

Baby Shower

Americans, Australians and, apparently, South Africans have a tradition of throwing a mother-to-be a baby shower. Being staunchly English this wasn’t something I would ever have thought about, when asked where we get our baby stuff from, I always answered ‘the shops’. I certainly didn’t want to spend the afternoon making storks or having people guess what the circumference of my tummy is, but then, once you get over the embarrassment of pressies and being fussed over – a party seemed like a great idea.

So RD sent out this invitation (which made me cry):

Zoƫ and I are having a few drinks - well, I am; she's driving - to celebrate the imminent arrival of our perfect little girl, and we would love it if you could join us.

And we partied on Champagne well past midnight, AND we were given presents (we were even sent some from RD’s Godson and his mother in SA, the stamps were as cool as the presents, so I've kept them too):

I loved them all for their softness, cuteness, general prettiness and for damn right usefulness.

But everyone’s presence was the greatest present of all. It was wonderful to know that everyone is as excited to meet our little girl as we are (especially Uncle Gary)!

THANK YOU x

(The thank you cards are in the post.)

2 comments:

facts are meaningless said...

Surely, you don't REALLY mean that the stamps were as cool as our presents?!!!

Glad you had a good party, I wish I could have been there.

Unknown said...

Nearly as cool!