Pages

Saturday 5 January 2008

Cravings

I’m always being asked if I’m eating coal or having any other strange cravings, and I always say not really. But I suppose that’s the great thing about pregnancy, you can label any whim or fancy as a craving and it MUST be satisfied. I haven’t (yet) fully exploited this, but in the first 12 weeks I did eat a lot of fish finger sandwiches and oven chips, and it does give me a great excuse for those early morning cheese and marmite paninis.

There has been one strange addition to my diet – Beetroot. I’ve never really liked it before but now, well, I eat it by the packet, especially Waitrose Sweetfire beetroot in a sweet chilli marinade. (Spicy food poses no problem for me; it’s not eating that gives me indigestion.)

Nothing wrong with beetroot, but what goes in red, comes out red…

No comments: