Pages

Monday 25 February 2008

Nine Months Pregnant

Apparently I am now officially nine months pregnant. When anyone asks when the baby is due and I answer anytime about now, I swear I can see them mentally getting out a catchers mitt just in case.

So, I'm nine months pregnant and I'm a little uncomfortable:

Despite not having put any weight on for a few weeks the baby has grown. I'm sure my skin must be stretched to it's limits and whenever she sticks out her bottom, foot or hand my bump takes on some very peculiar shapes. (Still no stretch-marks though.)

I sometimes get stuck on my back on our bed, it's a bit like a tortoise who has rolled over; I get stuck and that makes me giggle, the more I giggle the more difficult it is, until eventually I roll on my side and find the edge of the bed. I think RD finds this quite amusing.

I always disappointed when I wee; I feel desperate to go and am rewarded with a thimble full, and a need to return five minutes later.

Bending over is getting trickier and always induces yet another trip to the loo! I even succumbed and asked RD to do my shoelaces up yesterday, a bit of let down for someone who has maintained her own pedicure all the way through (yes my nails are still always rosy-red).

But you know what; I wouldn't swap this for the world. I know it's going to be worth it and very, very soon my world is going to be turned upside down, in the best possible way!

No comments: