Pages

Wednesday 13 February 2008

Arts and Crafts

I have for the past couple of years kept a pot of chalk by the back door so little guests (and tipsy taller guests) can amuse themselves by drawing on the patio; wth a little person of my own on the way I've gone one or two steps further. The house is not particularly baby friendly but I had an idea and last week, while I have time on my hands, I enlisted Chirsty's help to implement it . And so our project began...

And now, this week, look what I've made...

Yes it's one big wall for creativity. And here is how we did it:

  • I ordered magnetic paint from the internet (very clever stuff made from iron filings ), painted two coats.
  • Then we added the frame (all good art needs a frame).
  • Lastly, I painted two coats of blackboard paint and ta-dah...
We have a full-length, magnetic blackboard for creating and displaying masterpieces...


I think it's pretty cool, no not the art, the board silly. ( I just hope my child learns to draw better than me!)


(Not that I plan to be a pushy Mum, but I did also order magnetic first words poetry kit... yes, I know this may all be a little previous, but what's a girl to do while she waits but dream)

No comments: