Pages

Monday 11 February 2008

Jackanory

One of my big weaknesses is bookshops and books and one of the things I am most looking forward to about being a mother is reading bedtime (or anytime, for that matter) stories to my child. In fact it is one of my favourite things, I think my dream job would be to be a narrator on Jackanory.

Our lucky child already has a growing collection of books, some are lovely gifts from Grandma, Clare and Ryan, and Jackson (although I think Rebecca may have helped); but many have been bought by RD and I.
(One of RD's purchases is a book called Bob and Co, in which Bob thinks he is god... and I just can't resist a Treasury* or a beautiful classic edition.)


I'm not waiting for a baby to read them to, I have just spent a blissful half-an-hour reading poems to my bump.

* I still have the Hilda Boswell's Treasury of Poetry from when I was a little girl, it's a little worse for wear since I fell down a drain clutching it, but I still LOVE it.

No comments: