Pages

Friday 18 July 2008

When I grow up I want to be...

... hmm ... aah ... *scratches chin* ... *gazes at navel* ...

... actually you know what, I have no idea. The only thing I do know is I don't really want to do my old job. It has it's perks: somedays I find myself dreaming of wearing high heels and a suit again - a pencil skirt can do wonders for the soul; the money is great; office banter can be fun and, sometimes, just sometimes, hanging out in the city can be quite cool.

Oh, and I suppose there is the satisfaction of a job well done.

I get that here at home too. I'm not saying that I think Isobel can be my world forever, well, obviously in many ways she will be, but I do need something for me too. Not to mention I have a mortgage to pay.

Last year a fortune teller told me I would be paid for doing something I enjoy, but what can that be?

Who knows but I can't wait to find out.

No comments: