Pages

Tuesday 1 July 2008

One Quarter

Well, my little one you are a whole quarter of a year old today, there are so many posts I am yet to write but here are some of the new things this month:

I love that you now recognise story time, not only do you look at the book you turn the pages too. Funnily enough books are the only thing you don't try and suck.




As fascinating as we find you, you find yourself fascinating too, you are as amazed at what your hands do as we are. It definitely beats telly any day.

Trees, you are a tree hugger, well you would be if your arms were long enough.


You look at the world as if seeing it in detail for the first time. You know that things happen behind you and often crane your neck and dangle upside-down to check it out.

I'm not sure where your chattiness comes from (?! )but you chat to your many friends animated or not.


Otherwise, yes you grumble when your teeth hurt, but you smile, not indiscriminately but at those people who deserve it. Not that earning your smile is hard, all you ask for is to be offered one first.

I know I have started to relinquish the intimacy of feeding you but I too don't feel right feeding you a bottle, perhaps we will manage both for a while yet.

Isobel, everyday I am forever grateful that you chose me as your Mummy and every single day you do something new, I may get tired but I will never get tired of you.
xx

No comments: