Pages

Sunday 27 July 2008

A picture of success.

A couple of years ago on holiday a friend was reading Paul Mackenna's Confidence book, not my usual cup of tea but, as I was devouring the books I had bought at the airport (one of my favourite rituals) and still had plenty of sun lounger time left (by which I mean I hadn't got a tan yet), I read it.

So flicking through said book there was an exercise to picture what success looked like to you. Mine looked a lot like today: my sunny garden, my baby and I surrounded by people I love, enjoying a sunny Sunday lunch complete with liquid sunshine. It may not have been quite perfect (there was someone missing) but it was close.
I'm a simple girl who enjoys life's simple pleasures and the fine things in life, good friends and nice champagne,respectively. And I think my daughter may be the same.
She now helps herself to milk which is a bit of a turn around from a few weeks ago!



And today she drank water for the first time out of a cup (both firsts).

But I think what she really wanted was the champagne. And NO, I didn't let her have any - what kind of a Mum do you think I am!




I hope to teach my daughter the lesson I'm not sure I have ever mastered: drink sensibly, NO-ONE is pretty when they are drunk.



No comments: