Pages

Tuesday 13 May 2008

A Room of Ones Own

While I am holding up my hands to the fact that I have thought about stopping breastfeeding, I may as well admit that I have moved Isobel into her own room.

This was something I poo-pooed everytime PD mentioned it; I just didn't think I was ready (yes, this is all about ME!).

In the end I decided perhaps it would be good for PD and me, and hopefuly, please god, hopefully wouldn't do Isobel any harm. Everyone else was doing it. (For everyone else read my NCT group, yes my world seems to begin and end there.)

So, on Friday I moved her. First she had her morning nap there, just so I could see how I felt about it. Then I put her to bed there - our earliest bedtime yet 7:15. So far so good.

Then I went to bed. And I cried and cried until I went to sleep.

Now? Well she is still sleeping next door and I am still glued to the monitor. I can't really say I sleep that much better, nor can I say she does, but I think PD does.

But it had to happen one day and I suppose it isn't without benefits for PD and I, and Isobel does love her lights.

4 comments:

Mother Victorious said...

OH, how I laugh....definitely sound like me! Asha was FINE in her own room...I was a mess...and by the way...we moved her at 8 weeks. So DO NOT feel bad...Now, the breastfeeding I did for alot longer....Asha stopped that one at 12 months....but I only did it becauses I found it super super easy...do what is best for you and your lovely family....Are you enjoying the beautiful weather in England at the moment...I hear it is devine.....I wish I was there....

Unknown said...

The weather is glorious - although scheduled to bucket it down tomorrow! We are spending all our time in the park or the garden.

I'll have to give up breastfeeding as, unfortunately, I have to work. But I think I will find giving up breastfeeding harder than I think. (Just like moving rooms!)

Motheratlarge said...

Oh, this posting brings backs memories! I went through similar with my daughter. Must be nice to read in bed with light on though?

Unknown said...

Indeed it is a luxury not to have to read by the light of my mobile.