Pages

Monday 12 May 2008

Fluff and Nonsense

This post could, on so many levels, be another confession but the sun is still shining so I thought not.

Isobel has dirty hands. She still has the 'grip reflex' and therefore spends much of her time with clenched fists. You can imagine my shame when said hand uncurled to reveal palms containing sticky fluff. It's a bit like tummy button fluff - always blue! (Why / How is that? Answers on a postcard please.)

It really shouldn't have been a big surprise, as a non-dummy* sucking little girl Isobel's chosen self-soothe of choice is her fist; actually we have now progressed to thumb, which is complimented by rubbing of the head with the other hand. It's very cute if not always very effective.


* I'm not going to get into the whole dummy debate, whatever I say someone will take offense or have a different opinion ...

All I'll say is I offered her a dummy, she reacted as if it was the most abhorrent thing on this earth so I gladly stopped trying. They serve a purpose, but they are not for us.

1 comment:

Motheratlarge said...

Oh, what a lovely baby! You must be so proud of her. She's a real cutie.