Pages

Wednesday 28 May 2008

Get Up and Go

I always thought I'd be the kind of Mum who quite happily packed up her baby and took her wherever she felt like going. But actually I'm not.
You see I have created a lovely little bubble for Isobel and I, it stretches about from here to Richmond and back again. Kind of distances I can walk to, but don't always.

We have lovely friends within this radius: my NCT group who, some weeks, I see most days, Godmother Chirsty and lovely Nicola who lives next door. Not to mention those friends we meet for lunch. So we have always been out and about, just out and about in our local area.

When it comes to trips further afield my confidence wavers more than a little. That's not to say I don't do it, I'm just not quite as free and easy about it as I'd like to be.

Anyway, this last weekend we went to Grandma's and Isobel played with her cousins.






I'm hoping she'll soon get used to playing with other children and there won't be a need to retire quietly to the bedroom to restore peace. I guess living in a quiet house where only 2 people speak at once and only one soundtrack is playing doesn't prepare her for the onslaught of a full on family gathering.


Or, maybe she was upset because she couldn't have any of Auntie Amy's birthday cake.


(Happy 21st Blues, I'm really proud of you. xx)

No comments: