Pages

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Baring all

No this isn't me baring my soul; it isn't an 'oh I'm depressed, anxious and unloved'; I don't have the back of my hand pressed to my forehead in a dramatic 'woe is me' kind of a way.

Nope, this about taking off all ones clothes and running around naked! Bare bummed, in the nod, whatever you choose to call it. But, I promise that my getting naked in public is so last year, literally last year.

Isobel has taken to running around sans clothes. Yesterday, she spent much of the day running in and out of the garden; jumping on the trampoline and generally being bare bummed.

And I must say, I really don't have an issue with this. Don't all children do it? Isn't it natural for a child to run round unfettered in this way?

PD does seem to have an issue, even down to questioning that a perve maybe standing staring in the front window of our quiet residential street. (I have new frosting on there now, so this can't be the issue now.)

Other parents seem to have an issue as they struggle at a BBQ in my back garden to stop their children doing the same.

Isobel wore a bikini to a recent BBQ where I knew there was going to be a paddling pool. This wasn't out of any prudishness on my part but was simply her choice of outfit. I'm now glad she did because it means I can post the video of the fun she had without fear of miss use.

But, again isn't it sad that I even have to think that way?

I'm sure I ran around naked at the age of two? What's wrong with it?





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

Jen Walshaw said...

I too know people that fuss about this and think that there is a person on every street taking pics and looking. I dont think it is any worse than when I was littl, I just think we are more aware. I let the boys have nudey rudey dudey time, as they call it. They are still babys - get over it people

Ffi said...

I have no problem with this - I am aware that people are warier these days than when I was growing up of perverts ets.
There are several embarassing photos of me age 7-10 on holidays in a pair of shorts only.
BNM

Aly said...

I absolutely agree with you.It's so sad that our children have to cover up in the presence of ours.My 4 yo still walks around in her knickers, with the addition of a dressing gown in Winter.My 2 yo is only ever dressed when we go out.But we do put knickers on her when we have visitors.

Unknown said...

I know it's tricky, and then there is the sun issue when in the garden - but I love the innocence of her just wanting to be.

susie @newdaynewlesson said...

I snap nude pics of my little one any time I can.

Coding Mamma (Tasha) said...

I don't have a problem with it at all, but Chris does. Not sure why, really. But it's got to the point where I'm backing him up and using things like hygiene as a reason - you'll get germs on the chairs. WTF? I also used to run around naked as a kid, and don't see why children shouldn't be able to do that these days, too.

Unknown said...

Is it a boy thing? Is it that they don't have that maternal distance?

Hey ho.