Pages

Saturday 26 June 2010

Adjectives and other words

No Isobel does not know her nouns from her pro-nouns yet, It's just that I have been amazed at hr a child's language develops.

First it was little girl's correct use of 'too' that surprised me; 'mummy too' when going to the park with daddy etc

But recently things have become 'really stuck' or Isobel is suddenly 'really busy mummy' just when it is bathtime.

Isobel and Elif were having a long conversation about buses the other morning:

I: 'Bus!'
E: 'Bus!'
I: 'Big bus'
E: 'Red bus'
I: 'Bus really heavy'

You can't argue with that, can you.

1 comment:

Coding Mamma (Tasha) said...

I find language development absolutely fascinating, actually. If I had the time, I'd probably do an OU course on it - if there is one.

And it's cute, too.

Love the new design. Usually read most things through Reader, so you've probably had it up for zonks.

Are you cybermummying? Can't remember.