Pages

Monday 15 March 2010

Mother's Day

This was my third Mother's day; on my first I came home from hospital with beautiful baby girl and my Mummy made sure I had a mother's day card.

Last year PD recreated a fantastic meal we had at Gaucho's.

This year he cooked me a lovely lunch too; he cracked a dish, set fire to a tea towel and himself, but he cooked me lunch and wanted to make it all special as a Mother's day should be.

I am very lucky with many of my relationships:

I wasn't there to make my Mummy's day special - her present hasn't even arrived yet - but I think my brother and sister did that, but that doesn't mean I don't love her, I love her very much.

And although PD and I aren't together, we are bound together by our little girl but we are friends too. Sometimes I guess we are a little too close for exes, but fretting about it and examining what is and what isn't doesn't help. All this confusion doesn't mean I don't love him dearly.

All this confusion doesn't mean we aren't a family; in fact, quite often I think we function better than many more 'traditional' families.

See, lucky lucky me.

2 comments:

It's a Mummys Life said...

Lovely post, so glad you and your daughters dad are still close x

Anonymous said...

Set your controls for the heart of the sun.