Pages

Saturday 18 July 2009

Oink, sneeze or as Isobel would say grunt, choo

Swine flu, piggy flu, something beginning with H, whatever you want to call it, it really is EVERYWHERE.

In another one of my perhaps-I-should-wear-hooped-earrings-and-own-a-crystal-ball moments on Tuesday evening, well it was about 10:30 pm so I guess that is night, I rang PD. No it wasn't a dirty phone call, I was just having a bit of a non-defined, not quite worry about the whole swine flu thing.

The next day, when I picked Isobel up from nursery we were told they had had a child diagnosed with it.

The thing is, what do you do with this information? Do you take your child out of nursery indefinitely? Just in case?

Well, I haven't done that.

I have started putting pro-biotics in her milk though.

Ps. Isobel now makes a fabulous grunting piggy noise.

2 comments:

san said...

As hard as I try to be level-headed about swine flu, I'm still scared for my asthmatic son and his probably asthmatic brother :-(

Coding Mamma (Tasha) said...

I try to be blasé about it, but when Rosemary got a letter home from playgroup about a case there, I did get my worrying hat on and my heart jumped at every sniffle or cough anyone close to me uttered. My logic says not to worry overly about it, but do not quite seem to be up to that. Just found out brother-in-law's other half has been confined to home with suspected swine flu, after we (hubby and his parents) spent the whole of our holiday moaning about the media hulabaloo. I did not take Rosemary out of playgroup, though she did only have a couple of days left before holidays.