Pages

Tuesday 29 April 2008

Slummy Mummy Confession No 72

I don't clean my own house. I'm a stay at home mum who has a cleaner.

What I ideally wanted was a 50 / 60 year old English woman who would lavish care and attention on my home. Paying attention to detail and keeping everything spick and span – in fact the sort of lady who would use the words ‘spick and span’ and would clean my windows with vinegar and newspaper and my oven with bicarb.

But these don’t seem to be readily available, so I 'm stuck with an agency and instead of being English, my cleaner is East European; doesn’t speak much English; wants to use the most toxic cleaning products available (which I accidently forget to buy).

I have a, long time ago got used to the fact that having a cleaner doesn’t mean the house is spring cleaned every week, but it still beats scrubbing myself.

No comments: