Pages

Saturday 26 April 2008

Eight Weeks

Isobel is 8 weeks old this afternoon. She is a happy, healthy growing baby who seems to aquire new skills by the day - smiling, then giggling for example. I don't want to miss any of these things, but undoubtedly I will.

The past 8 weeks have been the best weeks of my life. I love being Isobel's mum: I love the fact that the first smile of the day is nearly always for me, and that each one that follows during the day is equally charming, and equally heart melting. She is becoming a very smiley little girl - yes even when a little overtired.

Yesterday she weighed 10lbs 2 ozs(4.58kgs) and was a whole 56 centimetres tall, although with all her stretching I'm sure she must be taller today! (Both measurements are just below the average but above the 25th percentile - in case you were wondering!)

This morning I have signed off my Company Accounts and I am feeling a little sad. The figures were healthy, as is the hefty cheque I now have to write the taxman, but I'm sad because it reminds me that all too soon I will have to look for a new job.

What skills do I need to secure a job that enables me to work only 3 or 4 days a week? Do I therefore have to give up some of my Isobel time to train myself? Can I ever afford my bookshop so Isobel can grow up running around the shelves?

I'm a third of a way through my Isobel time...

No comments: