Pages

Saturday 12 April 2008

Six Weeks and a Valuable Lesson Learnt

When I was pregnant I loved buying and reading books about babies. Not so much for the information but to wallow in the amazing fact that I was pregnant, yes me, having a baby. Wow.

Now that seems to be all a little too much information.

Being a parent seems to have become all about 'shoulds', books tell you should do this and not that, and none of them agree. Advice is offerred and the 'should's are often tempered with 'try', all this advice comes from the heart and is well intentioned and I know it is up to me to take it or leave it.

Right now I think I need to 'leave it' a while. I've packed away the books because my instincts cannot be heard over the sound of all those 'shoulds'.

There is no greater body of knowledge than a mothers instinct. Here's to getting to know my baby a little more every day.

No comments: