Pages

Tuesday 16 February 2010

Deal maker

Bartering and bargaining are two things I'm not particularly good at.

I love eBay but I get caught up in the auction and can often end up paying more than I meant.

The one time I visited a souk I got to freaked out by the attention that I got as a blonde foreigner to stand my ground and haggle. (that's not to say I wouldn't love to be one of those women who travels the world and has a house full of exquisite bargains to illustrate her tales.)

I have resolved, as a parent not to engage in haggling with my child, but all know what happens to those resolutions - we grow wiser!

Imagine my surprise this evening when I visited my unusually unsettled little girl in her room and she first presented me with her chattels and a request for 'mummy's bed', which was greeted with a no from me; where upon she re-adjusted her bid to a 'cuggle?'

She received her cuggle simply because I was stunned at her audacity.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Not From Lapland said...

oh they are great little bargainers, arent they?

Anonymous said...

They have a way with words, and a loveable way with mums!

CJ xx