Pages

Wednesday 19 August 2009

Pat-a-cake

If you know me at all by now, you know I am partial to the odd romantic notion. Too many Meg Ryan movies perhaps...

I haven't learnt my lesson yet, I'm still having them.

A few months ago 'visions of jam tarts' danced in my head.

And in the last month Isobel and I have been busy with Tuesday baking (see I can be a real SAHM, well on Tuesdays anyway).

Baking with bananas means we can cook and eat at the same time.


So, we have baked biscuits and muffins, but it wasn't until this week the end result was photo worthy.

When a diet talks of courgettes it does mean you should bake them into a cake - doesn't it?

Hey presto, fat free Cinnamon Banana loaf, made with spelt no less...

5 comments:

Mum Gone Mad said...

wow, well done, I let the kids join in but secretly do most of it myself... mean mummy that I am lol.

Insomniac Mummy said...

We've only braved rice krispie or chocolate cornflake buns so far.

'Tis lots of fun!

:)

Metropolitan Mum said...

Oh. But it's not white. Have I missed something? Did you start the green and yellow diet?

Coding Mamma (Tasha) said...

Wow - very impressive! Rosemary and I love our baking these days, but I don't think we started until she was a fair way past two.

A Modern Mother said...

Now you've put me in the mood for baking!