Pages

Thursday 6 December 2007

Ouch!

I have recently said goodbye to my toes, and therefore other more personal areas are certainly out of view from above. As I’m normally quite meticulous in my maintenance of these areas I thought I would overcome the various logistical difficulties and hand over the tending of my lady-garden to the professionals. I left my pruning for a week or so in preparation.

I’ve been waxed and had laser treatment before and, other than a sensation I would rate above discomfort, all has been well. The beautician warned me that it can be ‘more sensitive’ than normal when you are pregnant, and proceeded to inflict the most pain I think I have ever had in my life. In the end she had to say ‘I think this is all you can take’; my wincing, flinching and tears in my eyes had given me away. My thorough waxing left me feeling smooth but slightly nauseous for some hours afterwards.

I think I may have to become like Mary, Mary, quite Contrary and leave my garden to grow with ‘silver bells and cockle shells, and pretty maids all in a row’.

No comments: