Pages

Thursday 27 December 2007

It's all over

The turkey has been eaten; the presents unwrapped and seasons greetings exchanged - Christmas is now well and truely over.

My Christmas was filled with love from my family, mostly provided by my four year old neice Hayley; I don't think I've ever had so many cuddles or had someone look forward to doing painting with me so much that it's the last thing on their mind at bedtime and the first, first thing in the morning.

I spoke to my Daddy for the first time in years, I saw my Grandparents, Auntie Cherry and Uncle Bob and my cousins, including Alfie who I'm ashamed to say I hadn't met before and he is now 18 months old! And I saw my best friend Jenny and her lovely family too.

Bobette was loved too, pats and rubs from her Grandma and presents! Even I bought her a present: a lovely edition of Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.

A real family christmas filled with lots of love - isn't that what it's all about? (Oh, that and the presents too.)

As I type this RD is enjoying a pint (or 7) with with his mate to recover from all this family business and I'm drinking Gaviscon from the bottle to calm serious indigestion. Who knew all this love could be so uncomfortable.

You could call it a hunch, but I'm guessing next Christmas will be very different for us - we'll be parents!

No comments: