Pages

Tuesday 4 December 2007

Don't drink, don't smoke. What do you do?

Some days I do feel like I’m glowing with being pregnant. I marvel at how my body can not only support me and my daily routines, but can grow a whole other little person too. On these days I’m proud of my bump, I can flaunt my cleavage with glee and I can smile confidently at the world and the world smiles back. Guys on trains even offer their seats to the ‘pretty pregnant lady’, and then I definitely glow.

Other days I feel like a big fat Buddha who has lost his ability to bring luck. I’m lumpy, bumpy and round. I’m no longer the last to leave but I look forward to my bed; I don’t get silly tipsy and stay in the pub talking rubbish to the wee small hours; I’m dull and boring and can only talk about being pregnant.

I wonder where I’ve gone and is this a taste of things to come?

1 comment:

Cumulus said...

You sleep! Relax and rest before the baby arrives!