Pages

Tuesday 7 October 2008

Hippie chick me?

I have lost my composure of late. Contentment? - I'm surprised I even remember that such a word exists let alone how to spell it.

I guess it's all pretty natural when your whole life feels either up in the air or smashing loudly around your feet.

In an attempt to regain some kind of perspective, and to be the chilled out mum I want to be, I'm trying to get back into my meditation, but blimey it's tough. 'Chattering mind', my mind doesn't chatter it shouts noisily like the crowd at an international rugby match; I really wish couldn't hear myself think.

As I seem unable to meditate on my own - I literally fall off the damn stool when trying to - I have bought a guided meditation CD and just spent a blissful half an hour listening to it.

I chose to do the Metta Bhavana, the development of loving kindness. Here's kind of how it goes, it focuses on giving loving kindness to 4 people: yourself, a good friend, someone you are indifferent to and someone you have difficulty with.

Basically:

May I be well;
May I be happy;
May I be free from struggle.

May you be well;
May you be happy;
May you be free from struggle.

May everyone be well;
May everyone be happy;
May everyone be free from struggle.

So, I wish you all WELL!

(If I start to smell funny and refuse to wear leather shoes (oh no, not the shoes), please wake me from my blissful state.)

No comments: