Pages

Thursday 23 October 2008

A fine line

As far as I can tell there is a very fine line between 'good' and 'bad' parenting, and even that is subjective.

For example is it good that I don't leave my child unattended while I go to the loo, or bad that I let her play with my toes while I have to sit down for a moment or two?

Isobel's mobile still hangs over my bed, am I improving her hand eye co-ordination or just giving myself an excuse to lounge around in bed, in my nightie for an extra 15 minutes?



When I put a grumpy little Isobel to bed early am I doing what's best for her or just giving up the struggle to find something to entertain her?

By wanting to work part-time am I really financially compromising Isobel's standard of living, or improving her life by giving her more of me?

Hey ho, to be honest I don't know why I'm asking, I'm not planning on changing anything!

No comments: