Pages

Tuesday 17 June 2008

The Isle of Wight

I'm going to start this post by getting a couple of whinges out of the way.

I love the Isle of Wight festival for many reasons as I've said before, but I have 2 really, really big gripes. Firstly, why is it the only festival in the land that charges under twelves? Secondly,why, why, why do we need fairground rides that do nothing but add unnecessary noise pollution. I mean it's a MUSIC festival for heavens sake, so why are the rides trying to drown out the great tunes?

Okay, rant over.

I quite enjoyed being at home for a few days, not just because a festival is a great excuse to do precious little except wonder which tunes to listen to, what to have for lunch and will another drink really hurt? I always enjoy showing PD the beauty that is the Island where I grew-up but, what I enjoyed most was being near my best friend Jen again.

You can't beat a best friend when you need a coffee and a chat and seeing Jen and her rambunctious children always is good for whatever ails. It was lovely being able to 'pop-in' and be reassured that 'it will all come out in the wash'; and thank you for babysitting so PD and I could go out and not be parents for an evening.

I miss you Jen. x

No comments: