Pages

Wednesday 10 October 2007

Wriggled and Jiggled and Tickled Inside Me

No I haven’t swallowed a fly, but I do have a baby in my tummy and, I can feel it moving! It’s such an amazing feeling. The first time it happened I was lying in bed and within the gentle dome (ok, bulge) of my tummy I felt a fluttering and a bubbling that wasn’t my dinner, and I was still enough to notice the difference; the books aren’t lying when they say it feels like butterflies.

Now I feel it in the most unlikely places. Bobbit obviously likes trains, I have finally found something on my morning commute that makes me smile (well, flirting opportunities dwindle somewhat when you are pregnant). The first time this happened I’d stood for 10 minutes then I finally got a seat at Clapham, and as I sat down the wriggling and jiggling and, I like to think, giggling started. I sat with my hands on my tummy smiling; such a silly smile that I’m sure people must have thought I was wearing battery powered knickers!

I knew from the first scan Bobbit could do rolly-pollies, but now I can feel them!


(yes I know it looks like a snail, but Mummy loves Bobbit)

No comments: