Pages

Monday 8 October 2007

Happy Birthday To Me!

Today is my birthday; I have celebrated it with high tea at Sketch and a lovely supper in Ma Cuisine, my lovely local French bistro. High tea was, of course, accompanied by a glass of champagne – just the one mind.

My party was Saturday, my first ever sober birthday party (first since I ever started drinking that is). It broke my heart to cover my glass as the waitress in Lounge Lover came round to top it up with yet more pink champagne. But, that meant there was more for my giggly friends who were smiling and chatting around the table. I did party, and after celebrating in style at the cocktail bar, we (all 14 of us) headed to 93 Feet East to dance, and dance, and dance. With my bump proudly clad in my lovely purple party frock I danced on the stage until 2, at which time I was glad to find my carriage awaiting to whisk me home to bed.

No comments: