Pages

Wednesday 19 November 2008

Rock bottom

Today is, I hope, the very bottom of the pit, and soon I will have a
firm footing with which to climb out.

Meanwhile it's dark down here.

I've just been to the Job Centre to see if I can get income support, a
very sweet, ruddy faced old man said probably not, but gave me a
number to call anyway.

I've been to the estate agents to see about renting out the beautiful
house that has been my home for eight years, and with a view to moving
into a one bedroom flat with Isobel.

I'm looking for the certificate for my diamond ring to see if I can
sell it, it should cover a mortgage payment.

I'll visit another temping agency tomorrow.

Yes, PD is trying to help but with the best will in the world he can't
support two homes and he has a life of his own to live. That's not to say his help isn't appreciated xxx.

This afternoon I'm off for a follow up appointment to check on the
rogue cells that have decided that I'm a good place to live - I'm
hoping they will have moved out of their own accord and won't need
evicting!

But all this pales with the news that Grandma in South Africa has had
her home painfully invaded. I'm not sure what's more shocking, that or
the fact that over there it's an everyday hazzard. So to our South
African family this funny little English contingent, namely Isobel and
me, send our love.

As I said, the only way is up and 'this too shall pass'. And I'm still
working on my dream.

Ps. I promise to post something cheery later. I think we all need it.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I hope you dont mind if i do read your blog, i find it very entertaining and it manages to put a smile on my face most mornings before i start my dreary work day.

So this is where i fit in: I am from South Africa and am the daughter of the neighbour to Sheila (PD's mom or mum as you might prefer) and Tony (uncle, i only call him this as he has lived 'next door' since my grandfather was living there, and has seen most of my family grow up), i was devastated when my mom called me yesterday morning to tell me what animals had done to our dear and vvery loved neighbours! I am fearful now for my parents living there and am hoping that they will move to a secure complex closer to their kids!

I must however inform you that through all of this battle, Sheila and Uncle Tony have had the most incredible support from friends and family! Their house (probably no longer home) has been spring cleaned, rooms painted where they needed to have been, carpets steam cleaned, incence burned and many a prayer bestowed on them... They will pull through and have to!
As South Africans we cant let THEM win, we have to show THEM, that however animal THEY are we can move on!

On a lighter note, your (also PD's) litte girl is really really beautiful, i am tempted to say almost as beautiful as my niece but i am sure you understand that by default i am not allowed to! (and besides without any bias, my niece is really really really beautiful)...

Hope everything works out on the employment front, which i am sure it will, things always work out they way they are meant to!

Thanks for the good reading and perhaps the novel writing is not such a bad idea

Take care